Useful Holiday information about the resort of Side, Turkey.
The resort of Side is located on the south coast of Turkey, and has a lot to offer for any perfect holiday:
- Aspendos, the historic Roman ampitheater, where concerts and ballets are still being held (40 mins from Side in Turkey)
- Perge, the ancient Roman ruins, beautifully preserved (1 hour from Side in Turkey)
- Antalya, both the old Roman town and the modern town offer sight seeing opportunities (1 hour from Side in Turkey)
- Alanya, a chance to see the historic fort or do some shopping in the new town (1 hour from Side in Turkey)
- Manavgat, the fantastic Manavgat waterfalls and relaxing boatrips are reasons to visit this small town (15 mins from Side in Turkey)
- Olympos (3 hours from Side in Turkey)
- There are many beaches situated around Side, although the two closest to the apartments, are both within walking distance, Town Beach and Apollo Beach.
Side is a very historic town, steeped in Roman history. It is perfect for anyone who loves all things old. There is a small museum, filled with Roman
artefacts from the local area, and charges only a small price for entry. The amphitheatre has been recently renovated and restored, allowing the public
access, again, at only a small price.
All that history doesn't mean that there is nothing exciting to do (afterall you are on holiday)! On the beaches during the day, there are stands that offer all kinds of watersport
activites. Jet Skiing, Parascending and banana boating to name a few. These can be expensive, but there are plenty of stalls on the beach so it's not to
hard to scout around and find a price you like.
For the party goers in the group, Side offers several night clubs, all open till the early hours of the
morning. Oxyd is a large building about 10 minutes away from the apartments, and is the largest nightclub in Side, and although is slightly expensive to
get in, offers a great night out. There are also smaller nightclubs situated in Side town centre, many along the waterfront in the harbour.
Stopping in Side isn't your only way to see the sights. In the town of Side, there are tour companies offering day trips and overnight trips to many of Turkey's
best landmarks. All the companies offer the same trips, it is mainly the price that varies. When booking a trip, it is important to make sure that you are
booking onto an English speaking trip, as many of the companies have German, Scandinavian and Turkish speaking trips aswell. Some of the places on offer for
the trips are Pammuakale, Cappadocia and Aspendos.
There are many restaurants located around the apartments, and in the local area. Side town centre has many restaurants, mainly located along the main
street, which culminates in a small harbour. Along the harbour front there are also a number of sea-food restaurants all selling daily caught fresh fish.
The Hawaii restaurant, which is only 100 meters from the apartment, also has an exclusive offer where anyone stopping at our apartments, received a 10%
discount on their meals and drinks!